Highlights Last Updated: 14 Jul 2023
- Clashes between the Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) and the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) have continued for nearly three months.
- More than 3 million people have been displaced due to the conflict both internally and across the border into neighbouring countries.
- There has been an alarming increase in the number of sexual assault cases across the country.
- With the onset of the rainy season, there is an increased risk of disease outbreaks, compounded by lack of access to health care in many parts of the country.
- Challenges, including insecurity, bureaucratic access impediments and looting of humanitarian supplies, are hampering the delivery of assistance at scale.